Friday, March 5, 2010

Does Every Mother 'Nest'?

I am nesting and resting--more nesting than resting honestly. My husband got up super early and left for the office and I just laid in bed. Afterall, it was still dark and only a few minutes past 6 o'clock. I hoped that I would fall back to sleep, but that didn't happen. My mind was plagued with the lengthy "to-do" list that I created just before I drifted off to sleep. But before I jumped up, I laid perfectly still in a quiet house--no radio, no TV, not even the cat was purring. I could hear outside our window the most beautiful sound--SPRING! The sweet little birds were singing as the sun was coming up. THAT is the sound of Spring and along with Spring comes new life! This Spring God is truely bringing new life to our family. The birdsong is another reminder that Mercy is coming!

There's still much to do to prepare for this little girl. Actually, I believe we are ready for her we just have to get ourselves ready. I have been praying for my baby for many years, but it hit me last night. I'm having a baby! I'm going to be a mother! In the midst of the excitement was anxiety and fear. What if, I don't know how to comfort her? What if, I don't know what to do with this tiny little person? What if she doesn't like me? What if....????? The list could go on and on, until I chose to stop myself. I do NOT know all of the answers, but I know the One who does.

Once again, Jesus Calling is ever so timely!
Refuse to worry!! The temptation to be anxious is constantly wit you, trying to worm its way into your mind. The best defense is constant communication with Me. Together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay.

"Rejoice always! Pray constantly." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
"And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25-26


I'm so happy that we have unlimited minutes, free nights, days and weekends to be in constant communication with our Father.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had those same fears with ellie.. what if she didn't like us? It did take her a while to get used to us, but by the time we came home, she was a mommy's girl through and through. It was beautiful!! I'm so excited for the blessing God is giving you in this child. And I'm so excited for the blessing He is giving her in you and Mike. what a special family! May God be praised!!

    ReplyDelete