Friday, March 19, 2010

A Different Kind of Safari

I just sat down in my comfy chair and picked up my laptop to blog for the last time in awhile. There are a million things going through my mind right now. It really is hard to chose just one to jot down and share.

I feel like we are just dreaming. Mike and I have made many trips to East Africa. It is hard to believe that this time, we will not be working 16 hr days, or walking for miles in the hot sun sharing the gospel. We will not be preaching on Sunday or teaching church leaders. This trip has an entirely different purpose. God purposed this trip long ago that we would bring our baby home.

It doesn't even seem real to us. And if it doesn't seem real to us, then just imagine what Mercy will think! She has no clue how her world is about to change. My mom told me not to cry because I could scare her and that would be her first impression of me. But how can I look into those huge brown eyes and hold that tiny little thing and not melt.

I'll never really know what it's like to go through 9 months of carrying a baby, but I try imagine and compare our experience. An adption is something so special for many people. Everyone who is close to us has an investment in this child! She has been prayed for and loved long before her feet ever touch the ground in America. She is the miracle that we all prayed into our arms and hearts!

Thank you for sharing this safari with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment