Thursday, March 18, 2010

Attempting to Focus

It is getting harder and harder to stay focused on anything! Every person who passes me in the hall or elevator at work asks, "how many more days?" Even my husband admits it gets tougher as each day passes.

We have so much done. Now, just cleaning and putting our things in the suitcase.

I am so blessed that my hubby has copied all of our adoption document, exchanged our torn dollars for newer bills, got our travel meds, passports, frequent flyer cards, and a list of emergency phone numbers. Then tonight, he picked up baby cereal for Mercy. I had bought baby formula, but I never thought about cereal. (except for Cheerios, of course!) It is so funny, because I have always been so organized, but I kind of like being able to trust that to someone else and have confidence that he will get the job done!

I think of Mercy all day! When I am home at night, I am constantly looking at the Ethiopian clock to imagine what she is doing. I cannot wait to have her in my arms.

For weeks now, people keep saying to me, "You have no idea how much your life will change!" Probably not, but this is what we have been praying for and waiting for a long time! When you think about, does ANY parent really know how much their life will change? We can all imagine it, but until you hold that child in your arms for the first time and realize they are counting on you for everything...you don't fully know.

My prayer life has increased as I must depend on the Lord for more. God, thank you for this precious gift. YOU are the giver of life and YOU are the One who creates families. Thank you for Your plan to bring Mercy into our family. Help me to the best mom I can.

3 comments:

  1. Stacie, I am so excited to hear about your new daughter! I pray that God will give you safe travels and that everything will go smoothly as you bring Mercy home. Parenthood is one of the most wonderful things that can happen to a person and you are going to make a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie and Mike: Lloyd and I are so happy for you and for little Mercy. We are praying for your safe travels and that all will go perfectly as you bring that precious little girl home. Our church is praying for you too and so thankful for people like you who love His children so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacie, we are so excited for you and will be praying for your trip. I'll be checking FB and your blog for updates and pictures!

    Abigail said to tell you that we will return all of the babysitting favors and keep Mercy any time!!! I totally agree!

    Love to you and our prayers...
    Jennifer and family

    ReplyDelete