Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Do!

Just when I thought I couldn’t love him more, I do!

I must confess something. Although I am super excited to be a mom and finally have our daughter living in our house (instead of the other side of the world), I have wondered how that dynamic would impact my relationship with my hubby. Naturally, you won’t have much time to truly devote to one another because you’ll have a tiny little person who requires constant care.

I wonder if that is why we did not pass court the first time. I can never really figure out what the Lord is doing, but those few weeks and grieving and praying together were precious. I have seen my man in a way that I never have before.

My man is often misunderstood because he tends to be quiet and hold back his feelings. I, on the other hand, will let it all out for the world to see. Even I have seen this giant melt when we get new pictures of our baby girl. At night, we hold one another tightly as we literally cry out to the Lord for Mercy. There is something so tender (and super attractive, I might add) to see a daddy and his girl.

Last week, we received a new video. As soon as I got home, we quickly put in the DVD. My love reached across the sofa and grabbed my hand as we see our daughter on a huge TV screen. I glanced over to see his beautiful blue eyes full of tears, along with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. We watched that short 3 minute video over and over. Just when I thought he was ready to turn it off, we watched again in slow motion, pausing it here and there. I just cannot get enough of her and her sweet daddy.

I have finally stopped this now, but I used to tell him—if it’s possible, I think I love you even more today. (because he thinks I’m too cheesy) He grows more precious to me! Even with all my anxious feelings, I’m excited about our new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I first saw it when I watched Jeff hold Bryan for the first time. And then I saw it again when he picked up Ellie for the first time in Ethiopia. He is so tender with her... It totally melts my heart!! And yes, it's quite attractive too!! Love daddies and daughters! oh, I'm just about to burst with excitement for you!!

    ReplyDelete